Saturday, January 17, 2015

A new beginning, and what I've been up to.

So it's been a really, really long time since my last blog post. The one thing I'm not going to do is apologize for that, because life happens and sometimes we have to take a step back and evaluate what's really important. 

It's crazy to think that my last post was almost 5 years ago, but in those five years a lot has gone on in my life. In June 2010 I married my best friend and soulmate, we bought a house, and began our life together with our two oldest children. Fast forward to April 2012 and we welcomed our youngest daughter into the world and that brought on a whole host of challenges that I didn't think were possible. 

For the last three years since she was born I've been spending a lot of time watching her grow and become an amazing little girl who is far more intelligent than I could've ever imagined. It's crazy to think that every day she surprises and amazes me with something new whether it be a funny remark, or a revelation that she is had. 

So that's what I've been doing for these last five years and now I'm finally getting back to the hobby and trying to tidy up things that have been left undone. I just recently found out that there is a friendly local game store within 30 minutes of my house and my core group of friends is getting back into playing regularly. 

With the release of the newest seventh edition codex my love enjoyment of the Space Wolves has been renewed and I am finally going to play in a local grand tournament. 

Another thing that I'm going to do is blog regularly with progress updates and just general thoughts of where my army is headed and new things that I'm learning about the army. In the next day or so I will post a list of what I intend to take to the local tournament, but as we all know that subject to change based on revelations of strategy and tactical ideas that may come about with play testing. 

Well, that's all for now and they'll be more to come soon!

No comments: